Enjoying edible flowers and historic plants. Growing your own groceries. And saving time in the garden. These are a few topics I’ve spoken about recently at leading flower and garden shows, symposiums, local nurseries, gourmet grocery chains and book stores around the nation.
“Teresa is a natural speaker whose personal experience and connections with skilled gardeners nationwide provides a wealth of great information to those wanting to grow their own food. Her style is a wonderful marriage of horticultural knowledge and culinary experience, and her seminars were filled with both recipes and practical gardening tips great for the novice edible gardener.”
Janet Endsley, Seminar and Social Media Manager, Northwest Flower & Garden Show (nation’s second largest show)
Filled with colorful images, stories, resources and practical tips about gardening, food and folklore, Teresa’s talks have entertained groups of all sizes. Detailed handouts with local and national resources are provided with each appearance.
“Teresa O’Connor’s talk was well received by those attending Idaho Botanical Garden’s 2010 Rethinking Idaho Landscapes horticulture symposium. Attendees gave her highest marks on the event’s evaluation forms, and her presentation provided excellent, useful information. I for one am trying a new squash this year.”
Elizabeth Dickey, Education Director, Idaho Botanical Garden
A Few Upcoming Talks:
- Idaho Botanical Garden Continuing Ed, “Grow Your Groceries” Jan. 21, 2012 – and back by popular demand: Feb. 25, 2012, 2 PM – Registration
- Northwest Flower & Garden Show, Seattle, Feb. 2012: “The Allure of Edible Flowers” Feb 9, 9:30 AM; “Grow Food in Small Spaces” Feb 10, 5:30 PM - Details
- Mother Earth News Fair, Puyallup, Washington, June 2, 2012: “The Allure of Edible Flowers” Time -TBD Details
- Idaho Botanical Garden, “Rethinking Idaho Landscapes” Nov. 2010
- Northwest Flower & Garden Show, Seattle, Feb. 2011: Speaker and participant in “Incredible Edibles” panel with Lorene Edwards Forkner, Joe Lamp’l, Willi Galloway and Graham Kerr of The Galloping Gourmet.
- Boston Flower & Garden Show, March 2011
- Boise Flower & Garden Show, March 2011
- Eagle Library, April 2011
Contact me if you’d like to learn more or have me speak at your function.